Interested in a custom piece of art? Here is some information on my pet portrait & commission process.
- I specialize in landscapes, plants, and animals. Please, no human portraits.
- I require a 50% down payment of the full price to begin the creation process. The remaining 50% will be due upon completion of the final painting. Pet portraits are painted from photographs provided by the client. By providing a photo you agree to give me permission to use this image as a reference for my artwork.
- After discussing the project with the client, I will then begin by generating one or more sketches to be approved before proceeding to the final work. This ensures we are both on the same page and happy with the direction of the art. Once the rough sketch has been approved, I will begin work on the finished piece.
- The full process from start to finish often takes 3-4 weeks. Please allow 14 business days following sketch approval to receive the completed painting (this excludes shipping).
- The finished artwork will be signed and packaged in a protective sleeve but left un-matted/unframed. The painting will be done on 100% cotton watercolor paper with professional quality watercolor paints. Care instructions will also be included.
- Commissions are priced based on the size of the finished piece and the complexity of the subject matter. For example, an average 8"x10" landscape painting would start at $250. Pet portraits are priced similarly, an 8"x 10" head & shoulders pet portrait of a single pet starts at $250 and goes up from there. A 5"x 7" painting starts at $150. Multiple subjects increase the price by $25 for each additional pet. These sizes are based on popular photo frames but I can do whatever dimensions you would like.
- If this exceeds your budget, please contact me anyway, we can more than likely work something out that is agreeable to both parties.
- Shipping is not included in the price and will vary by location. I accept cash, personal check, Venmo, GooglePay, and PayPal.
If this process is to your liking I would love to work with you! Let me know if and when you are ready to move forward so we can begin the process of making your vision become a reality. In the meantime, I am happy to answer any questions you may have. And thank you so much for your interest in my artwork!
Get In Touch
GET A QUOTE
If you prefer, you can email me directly: email@example.com
Or send me DM on Instagram @amyearls.art